Serving Clients in Houston, West Houston, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, Copperfield, Memorial, Spring, Northwest Houston, Northchase, Spring Cypress, Champion Forest, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Humble, Lake Houston, Midtown, Memorial, West Oaks, Royal Oaks, Clear Lake, League City, Westchase Business District, Harris County, and Galveston County.






Assisting Clients Obtaining B-1 Visitor For Business & B-2 Visitor For Pleasure Visas!

Foreign nationals who wish to visit the U.S. by obtaining a B-1 Visitor Visa for Business or a B-2 Visitor Visa for Pleasure.  B-1 Visitor Visa For Business and B-2 Visitor Visa For Pleasure are issued jointly as “B-1/B-2” visas and can be a one-time entry visa or a multiple entry visa for 1 year, 3 years, 5, years, and even up to 10 years.  Upon entry, the foreign national will be issued an I-94, which authorizes the foreign national to stay in the U.S. up to 180 days (a little less than 6 months).  Within this period, the person must leave the U.S. or obtain an extension of the authorized stay by filing an application with the USCIS.

B1 Visitor Visas for Business are reserved for individuals to seek to enter the U.S. for purposes of attending business meetings, conferences, conduct negotiations, purchase or sale of a business, to research on an investment or to make such an investment, providing expertise in a research or consultancy, or to participate in a conference as an attendee or a speak of such an event.  While visiting in the U.S., a B-1 visitor may not be paid by a U.S. employer, but may still be paid for services for a foreign affiliate company (please see below).  In addition, the visitor may not “work” for any U.S. employer, run any business, actively searching for a job in the U.S., or participating in a sporting or entertainment event.

In some limited circumstances, a B-1 Visitor may obtain employment while in the U.S.  The foreign national must, (1) be an employee (not contractor) of a foreign company who is affiliated with the U.S. company; (2) the job must be a “specialty occupation” that usually qualifies under H-1B; and (3) the foreign national must meet all requirements as an H-1B candidate in terms of skills and experience for that job; and (4) no payment must be received from the U.S. company. 

B2 Visitor Visas for Pleasure are intended for foreign nationals who want to come to the U.S. for vacations and to visit friends and relatives.  The Like a B-1 visitor, the B-2 visitor for pleasure may not gain employment or search for employment while in the U.S.  In addition, as in most other nonimmigrant petitions, the B-2 visitor for pleasure must demonstrate that the person does not have immigrant intent and intends to leave the U.S. at the conclusion of visitation.  The failure to show that one does not have an mmigrant intent is the main factor for the denial of the majority of B-1 and B-2 visitor visa applications

The Houston Visitor Visa Attorneys and the West Houston B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa Lawyers will assist you in preparing and filing your visitor visas, including but not exclusive to, providing the initial consultation and answering all your questions and concerns, prepare and organize documents and evidence, draft and organize cover letter, letter of representation, and exhibits, and assist you through the consular processing interview. Our West Houston Visitor Visa Lawyers have assisted many clients to obtain approved B-1 and B-2 visas, even after an initial denial.  Please contact the Houston Texas B-1 and B-2 Visitor Visa Lawyers at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham for a personal consultation. 



Immigration Law is a vast area of law and requires an immigration attorney with years of experience to understand the intricacies of the Immigration & Naturalization Law. In addition, the U.S. Consular Offices are keen to scrutinize the foreign national’s “immigration intent” for non-immigrant visas, especially visitor visas. Please contact the Houston Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys and the Houston B-1 B-2 Visitor Visa Lawyers to ensure proper documentations to show that the foreign national does not have the presumed “immigrant intent.” Please callthe Houston Immigration Attorneys and the Spring Texas B-2 Visitor Visa Immigration Lawyers at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham today at 713-517-6645 or complete our. Contact Form.